Friday, March 1, 2013

pancakes for my birthday breakfast!

Last Thursday was my birthday!! I turned the big 35! Not sure how that happened so fast, but nonetheless it happened. 
The night before my birthday, I suggested to my husband that if he wanted, he and the kids could make "breakfast for dinner" instead of getting up even earlier the make my birthday breakfast the day of my birthday! He was all for it and the kids were excited to help. They made one of my new faves..."Fluffy Pancakes". For so many years I didn't make pancakes from scratch (I would use Bisquick or pancake mix), but they just never really did anything for me. I had a pancake recipe that used buttermilk, but I NEVER have buttermilk in the house!! One day at the end of last year, my hubby found a pancake recipe online that used milk and vinegar to make your own buttermilk (duh!) and ever since then we have been hooked!!

I felt so spoiled to have these three cute chefs in the kitchen...just for me!!

Austin's job was putting the bacon in the frying pan...
THIS KID LOVES BACON!!

{Fun in the kitchen!!}

Birthday Pancakes!!
You didn't think I would finish this blog post without sharing the recipe did you??

Fluffy Pancakes
1-1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted

1. Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupful of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with spatula and cook until browned on the other side.


I guess this is one way to eat pancakes...a pancake sandwich!!

I'm linking up today with...
 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

true love is when your kids give you bacon :) thanks for linking up

 
blog template by yummylolly.com