** For Menu Plan Monday, see below, but feel free to take a minute and get to know me...
Every now and then I come across a blog that I can easily get sucked into because of the fun personality I can pick up from the things they share. A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon Kasey's blog, All That is Good, and have enjoyed coming back to visit time and time again. She is a mother of two (like me!) and someone who undoubtedly loves God and her family (like me!). She has started a weekly blogging activity on Mondays where you share just a little bit about yourself, so that other bloggers can get to know you. This week's activity is to share 10 random things about yourself. I have to admit this was rather hard for me, but here they are in no particular order.
10 Random Things You May Not Know
(or even want to know) About Me
1. The kitchen has to be clean before I can go to bed.
2. I've never had a cup of coffee before...not even a mocha or latte.
3. Once, I rewrote all the entries in my checkbook register because it looked too messy.
4. I don't like breaking the rules. At all.
5. I slept with my baby blanket until my daughter took it away for herself, about 2 years ago.
6. I will never eat peanut M & M's again because of a bad run-in with the toilet.
7. I have to have a fan on to sleep at night.
8. I label almost everything. You name it. It's labeled.
9. I've never left the country, and probably never will. I'm a wimp, and live vicariously through others who travel.
10. I only use one color/kind of pen on my calendar, and only I'm allowed to write on it.
And, in other random news...
I was finally able to get my menu planning system up and ready to use. I bought this weekly dry erase board from Target back when school supplies were still heavily on the shelves...was that really 4 or 5 months ago?
I had originally planned on using it on the back of our pantry door, but only after a short few hours, it fell down. So, I set it aside because of frustration and forgot that I had even bought it. On Sunday, during my cleaning up frenzy, I found it and my husband engineered a new way to hang it. So now it sits sturdy on the wall. I decided to put it around the corner in my kitchen where I keep my calendar. Out of sight for most, but not for me. I added the ribbon to the eraser so I could hang it, and I love that it comes with a couple of magnets, so I can place the recipes on it for quick reference.
If I continue to get my menu planning act together I hope to be able to add not only the main dish, but the side dishes, too, but I can't go too crazy all at once, can I?
Sidenote: After organizing my recipe box last week, I decided to try a new recipe that I got on a website (non-reviewed). It was a complete flop...absolutely disgusting and from that moment have decided that I will not attempt a new recipe unless a) I've had it before and I ask for the recipe, b) A trusted friend gives me the recipe because they've made it before, or c) The recipe has been given good reviews by many (such as AllRecipes). Plain and simple. Easy as that. I've learned my lesson...unfortunately the hard way. Yuck! I think I still have the taste in my mouth.
And, here's what you've been waiting for...
My Menu For the Week
Monday - a variation of this Barbecue Chicken Salad
Tuesday - Baked Potato Bar with homemade chili
Wednesday - Chicken & Cheese Stuffed Shells
Thursday - Slow Cooker Beef Enchiladas
Friday - friends in town - out to dinner!
Saturday - Family Pizza Night
Sunday - Superbowl Goodies!!
Head on over to The Organizing Junkie and see what others are cooking up for Menu Plan Monday!