Saturday, December 12, 2009

goodies abound!

I'm not really here.

Sunday is our wedding anniversary, so we packed up the kids to Grammy & Papa's for Friday night and it will be just the hubby and me until we pick up the kids on Saturday night.

But, thanks to auto-post...

I wanted to share this cookie recipe in case you're looking for something yummy to bake...it is the holidays after all! Which means lots and lots of baking!

I was invited to a cookie exchange last Thursday and my contribution was to bring 4 dozen Snickerdoodles (+ I made a couple dozen more for Ryan -- they're his favorite!). I ended up going with simple ~ simple, but a classic.

After leaving the party, I took home 4 dozen of a variety of what everyone else brought. YUM! After some nibbles on this and that, they went straight to the freezer for all of the holiday party fun. I get the variety of goodies without doing all the work! Nothing better than that!

Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles
{via Allrecipes.com}

This is only one container I brought home. The caramel bars and 7-layer bars are in another container! Oh, and there was even peppermint fudge! Oh my!


Hope you're enjoying all of the baking this season brings!

13 comments:

Sherry said...

Looks delish!

He & Me + 3 said...

I have managed to stay away from all the Christmas goodies, but my those look good. YUM
Happy Anniversary One day early. Hope you enjoyed your time alone!

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Yum! I'm going to a cookie exchange this Thursday, and have narrowed it down to three different ones. I think the girls and I are going to bake all three today so that I can decide which to take :) Happy Anniversary!!!

Michelle said...

Snickerdoodles, oh goodness you just gave me a craving lol

Braley Mama said...

Happy Anniversary!
What a great idea to have a cookie exchange~

jenjen said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys have a wonderful time alone!

XOXO
Jen

Kelli said...

Oooh, those look really good. I took chocolate chip cookies to my exchange this year because I wanted to go simple. Rondell's favorite are snickerdoodles so I'll have to try these. Hope you're having a great weekend.

Rhonda said...

Wow, I must be sick. Those cookies don't even tempt me.
Hope you all enjoy your anniversary time alone! Happy Anniversary!

Jamie said...

Yum! I love Snickerdoodles! Great choice.

Looks like you made out with a lot of goodies!

Kelli @ RTSM said...

That is my favorite Snickerdoodle recipe! I have been wanting to make them for weeks...but I haven't made any yet! They will be on our list for this week:) I hope you are having fun on your little getaway!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!! And snickerdoodles are some of our favorite cookies too!

Missy said...

Mmmm. My daughter and I just made snickerdoodles today to give away to neighbors and friends.
I do enjoy all the baking.... well, mostly all of it.

Missy said...

Oh, the most important thing I forgot. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. Hope you have a great day!

 
blog template by yummylolly.com