Thursday, September 15, 2011

the Boos Beauty Shop

The kids are blessed to have some wonderful friends! And, I'm lucky, too...because those wonderful friends mothers are GREAT friends of mine!

Mikayla's sweet friend Allie celebrated a birthday in July and because they will soon be moving to Africa to be missionaries for 2 years (ack!) her mom mentioned that if we were going to give her a gift (and of course we were!) that we would do a special outing of sorts instead of a gift. That way there would be less they would need to take with them overseas. I, of course, thought this was a great idea and had already thought about doing something like this, so I set to work thinking of what I could do.

Finally before the summer officially ended, we had Allie come over to the Boos Beauty Shop to get a manicure and pedicure. I had thought about taking her to a nail salon, but then I thought I could try to make it special at home just as much (and save just a little bit of money, so I could take the kids out to lunch!)

{all set up...ready for the two beauties}

{enjoying a little foot soak}
and treat...graham crackers and frosting with sprinkles!

Mikayla's feet could barely fit inside the tub!
What color do you choose?


{by the way...they're only 2 1/2 months apart!}
After the pampering it was time for some lunch!

We all decided on McDonalds...
it's cheap and there was free entertainment!

Next up was our trip to Polar Bear Yogurt,
a local "build your own frozen yogurt sundae" shop.


Grab a cup and start filling it up...

Add the toppings...

I tried to limit them to only 5 toppings,
but there was so much to choose from!


Good to the last drop!
Such sweet friends making fun memories!

0 comments:

 
blog template by yummylolly.com