Sunday, September 21, 2008

what's for lunch?

Hmmm... Good question.

Well, thanks to Sycamore Stirrings, lunch around here has been a lot more fun! The author of this creative blog (seriously, there are so many great blogs out there I have been inspired by!) hosts Muffin Tin Mondays and the minute I came across this idea, I just had to join in. I often feel like it is a chore for Mikayla to actually sit down and eat, so I thought this idea might give her a little more incentive to do that. Of course, I had to use my flower muffin pan that I was given for my birthday to make things just a little more cute. This is such a fun and unique way to feed your child a meal. I don't do it every week or it would lose its sparkle, but I try to do it on Mondays in honor of Muffin Tin Mondays (although, honestly, I've only done it twice so far, but I plan on doing it every week). I read another blog recently that even adds another dimension of fun by covering up one of the holes with some paper and in that one is the child's dessert. If they eat the rest, they get to unveil the surprise. Love it! I haven't tried that yet, but you bet I will be soon! Seriously, who would have thought that I would have this much fun serving a meal...definitely not me.

Clockwise: Macaroni & Cheese, baby carrots, Mac & Cheese, strawberries, grapes, and cucumbers)


And, since we're talking about food...I might as well share with you a family favorite recipe in honor of Menu Plan Monday-Family Favorites Edition hosted by The Organizing Junkie. Since I haven't gotten my act together to participate in the official Menu Plan Monday (dinner planned every day of the week?!), I thought I would take a baby step and at least have one thing on the menu that I can share with everyone...something our family knows and loves. When Austin was born, a friend of ours brought us dinner and this delicious dish turned into a favorite of ours from the first bite. Since Monday night is swim lessons night, which always makes dinner a rush, we will be sitting down to enjoy our beloved Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells on Tuesday night. If you're in the mood to check out more Family Favorite recipes head on over here. Trust me, you will find quite a few!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute tin!!! love it for girls (too bad I have two boys:(. That's a great idea for dessert too! I will have to try that one.

Kristina--Therapy Tree said...

That is awesome! Where did you get that little dish? I am a feeding therapist and work with many kids that have a very very limited diet. Most won't even touch a 'new' food and their anxiety goes sky high. i like presenting foods in small portions that seem less overwhelming and this is such a great idea!

Sally said...

We occasionally do the muffin tin meals too... so fun! I wish I had a tin as cute as yours only for boys. :) It's a fun challenge for me to go through the cupboard and fill their tins with different things. The boys seem to really enjoy it!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

such a CUTE tin! And you were able to get a lot of color in it (something I struggle with)! Well Done!

Mandi said...

What a cute lunch idea! Thanks for the link to the shells, those would be a nice change from the cheese-stuffed ones I'm used to.

Jenny said...

Yeah, your tin sure beats my old worn beat up tin! Wishing, like other readers that there was a cute boy version! I bet there is something out there somewhere!

Sally said...

Okay Heidi... you inspired me and we did Muffin Tin Monday for lunch today. I had to line my cheap dollar store tins because they're a bit rusty (get what you pay for here).

Frugal Finds said...

Love the meal in a muffin tray and the taco stuffed shells sound yummy!!!

katy said...

What a cute muffin tin! I'm so glad you joined in ~

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this idea! Would you like to be a guest blogger on List Mama Blog listing some of your favorite items to include in Muffin Tins? Email me if you are interested at jennifer@listplanit.com

Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com

Susie said...

Such a darling little muffin tin pan! Love the idea to sue mac-n-cheese- that's surely a winner here!

 
blog template by yummylolly.com