Monday, April 27, 2009

talk about tea time with friends

Updated to add on 6/4/09: This party was featured on Creative Parties & Showers.

Updated to add on 6/6/09: This party was featured on Happy Party Monkey.

***********************************************

One more birthday post...I promise!!

For Talk About Tuesday, I thought I would talk all about Mikayla's 3rd birthday party last Friday with friends. We invited 3 of her little girlfriends over ranging in age from 2 1/2 years to 3 1/2 years to join in on the celebration and have a little dress up/tea time party. This was so much fun to plan and I couldn't wait for Mikayla to enjoy some time with her little girlfriends in honor of her birthday!

The party invites - cute little purses...

...with the party details inside!
The Party Room
Bring on the food!
An up close view...

I made each of the girls their own little cone filled with marshmallow pops. They ended up looking like roses because I tied them with green ribbon. It was a fun addition to the decor.
The place settings

Up close of the name plates

My mom made each of the girls these cute little skirts. She claimed that they were super easy and so she whipped them out in one evening! It was her gift to Mikayla's little friends.

Little goody bags - it was fun to spoil the girls since there were only 4 of them! I also sent the girls home with a boa, necklace, and bracelet.
Waiting for the guests to arrive!
Mikayla waited by the door ready to give each of
her friends some dress up accessories
The girls decorated foam frames with foam letters and flowers

I plan on sending them one of these
pictures to put inside the frame...
We played "Pass the Puppy"...kind of like hot potato
It was a bit tough with 3-year olds to get them to actually pass the puppy!
It's tea time! The girls loved drinking their "tea" (apple juice) and asked for more quite often. The menu consisted of flower-shaped PB & J sandwiches, grapes and strawberries, carrots and cucumbers, mini banana muffins, and crackers.

The girls got a kick out of the tea cups turning a dark pink when the tea was poured inside.
Present time!


Instead of cake or cupakes, I decided to make cookies.
Austin enjoying a little dress up of his own

Mikayla waving goodbye to her friends!

Thanks for visiting and putting up with all the party talk over the last week! I can officially say I am done with all that I had to share.

Check out some of my previous birthday posts if you haven't been by in awhile or if you're new to my blog!

And if you want to hear what others are talking about, head on over to The Lazy Organizer for more!

23 comments:

vicki said...

I enjoyed all the birthday posts. It looked like the girls had a great time!
Love,
Mom

Jadi said...

This party was adorable! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Miller Racing Family said...

Now this is every little girls dream. I have enjoyed all the party details. I just wanted to let you know that I have an award for you over at my blog. Have a great day!

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

Looks like so much fun was had by all. Lots of smiles on their cute little faces. I bet that was just right number of friends. At that age too many would be hard to handle.

Shawn said...

You have my vote for creative Mommy of the year!

What a great party!

Dawn said...

Wow! That is all so awesome-the invitations, the party favors, skirts-I love it all. My 3 yr old would love all of this!! What a wonderful party-you are so creative!

Unknown said...

Very cute! I am sure the girls had a great time!

Kelli said...

That is the cutest little party. I love the place settings with the names!

Chanelle said...

How adorable! You did a great job!

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

So, so cute! Do you mind sharing the name of the font you used on the name plates? Also, do you have a pattern for the purse invites?

SO adorable! :)

mjsmith723(at)gmail.com

Emily said...

Absolutely adorable! I cannot wait until Melody is old enough for a tea-party birthday! I've been planning it since before she was born! lol. You had so many adorable ideas...I'm definitely going to swipe a few. And the birthday girl is just too sweet looking.

Dreamer said...

How fun. She must have LOVED that. Every little girlie girl's dream!

lsnellings said...

Your party posts are awesome! I am just soaking up the good ideas! What a fun birthday!

vicki said...

Mikayla is so cute waving goodbye to her friends. I miss that little girl and all my grandkids!
Love,
Mom

He & Me + 3 said...

A picture perfect party. How sweet. She is going to love all the memories you are making for her.

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Oh my goodness, everything is so adorable! Those purse invitations are the cutest I've ever seen! And the skirts your mom made? Well, I guess I now know where you get all your amazing craftiness!

Femin Susan said...

A perfect party!What a fun birthday!
Cheers!

Xazmin said...

So cute...you party planner extraordinaire!

I love all your ideas.

Jolene Brown said...

What a fun party! I love all the details, everything looks SO great. It makes me want to plan a party. :)

Katie said...

Wow, that's to coolest little tea party ever! I wish we lived closer because I would soooo force my daughter to be friends with Mikayla so she could get invited to all your awesome shindigs!

I am so stealing your craft, I bought foamie flowers today and already have wooden frames from Ikea for ER to decorate with each of her Grandmas at our tea as one of the activities. I'll send them a picture with her to put in it later.

I love all the detail you put in the invites are too sweet and the place cards are darling. Now I don't know if I'll want to share my tea party!

The food is hardest part for me right now, don't supposed you'd like to share a more detailed description with me?

Love everything! You're lucky to have a mom who sews and can help add to the goodie bags! They were awesome!

Great party Heidi, like everything you do!

Tanielle said...

How stinkin' cute!! What a fun party for those little cuties!! What a lucky little girl to have you as her mom!

Rhonda said...

Hey,
I was looking through your posts and somehow missed this one! What great ideas! I love the Happy Birthday plate...Did you make that? I would love to know how to do that...hint, hint!

Loved it!!! So cute! Wow, I need to get busy on Cam's party!!!

Melissa @ Silly Bee's Chickadees said...

The cones are the cutest!!! I made purse invitations very much like yours for my bridesmaids shower (eons ago!)

I would also like to know the font you used for the place cards, if you don't mind, of course!

 
blog template by yummylolly.com