Thursday, March 5, 2009

creative ways to use a scalloped craft punch - it's a party!


Welcome to the first Monthly Craft Challenge
here at Blue Eyed Blessings!!

I'm so excited to be able to host this monthly event to showcase so many talented and creative minds!!

I love being
creative
.
I love being
crafty
.
And more than anything I love being
inspired
.

This month's task was to take a circle scalloped punch like this one (any size will do)...


And create something fun to share with all of us!

Like this...

Isn't this just the cutest little card? Remember the Stampin Up! demonstrator I co-hosted a baby shower with last Sunday? This is going to be her daughter's birthday party invitations! She doesn't have a blog...yet (right, Andrea?) so I wanted to share it here. She tells me that it's not her own idea that she came up with, but adapted it from various postings on Splitcoast Stampers.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've shared a few different ideas to try to get you inspired. Instead of linking up below, I'll just lead you in that direction if you haven't seem them yet. Check them out here and be sure to follow the links...it's worth it!

So, without further ado...here's what to do:

1. Link up your post (new or old) to Mister Linky below and be sure to link to the ACTUAL POST and not just your blog, so we know where to find your idea!
2. In your post, either use the button on the left side bar or a link to my site for others to be able to join in the fun or to come on by to see what everyone has created.
3. Try to visit as many of the participants as you can and comment on their creations.
4. I will leave Mr. Linky up for one week and it will close on Thursday, March 12th.
5. A random winner will be chosen from the participants and be announced next Thursday. I wish I could tell you what the giveaway will be at this moment, but don't worry I'll make it a good one!

Every month I will give you a tool, embellishment, or idea for you to create something with and then we'll come back here on the 1st Thursday of the month to share your idea just like you are doing today. By next Thursday I will have your "assignment" for March, so come on back!

Prepare to be inspired!

**this is my first time using Mister Linky, so if for some reason it is not working, please leave your post in the comment section and I will be sure to share those right here on the blog**

7 comments:

Serendipity said...

That Sesame Street card is fabulous!

Missy said...

Love the Sesame Street card. It's very cute and clever.

Sorry I don't have anything new to show. I had some ideas, but they just didn't get done with my busy week. I can't wait to see what next month's challenge is.

Katie said...

I love the Sesame Street card, brilliant I'd have never thought of that! That's why this is so much fun. Could you please tell me who made your punch and where you got it from? I noticed the scallops are deeper than mine and I like that. Thanks!

Dawn said...

I love the Sesame Street card-so cute and clever! I'm off to check out what everyone else is doing.

Sarah said...

The Sesame card is adorable! I can't wait to find out next months mission...
I didn;t get the scalloped punch so couldn't do this one.

Trudi said...

Your card is darling. I'll be back.

The Masked Mommy said...

This is soooo cute! What an adorable card! And I have a question... I have this idea for something I've been wanting to do with a punch just like that for a LONG time, but I can't pull it off this week because I'm traveling. Urg! But I'll still post about it and show a picture of what I plan on doing if you want! Let me know :-) Or I can just participate in next month's challenge. Try to let us know what it is way ahead of time!

 
blog template by yummylolly.com