Tuesday, March 3, 2009

talk about a baby shower

Updated to add on 4/3/09: This party was featured on Creative Parties & Showers.
Updated to add on 4/20/09: This party was featured on Tip Junkie.

************************************************

On Sunday, I had the pleasure of co-hosting a baby shower for my dear friend, Ambria, who is expecting her 2nd baby girl at the end of March.

We decided for the theme colors to be pink and green (pickles & ice cream if you will). Instead of the typical cake for dessert, we opted for a sundae bar for the sweetness factor.


Here's just a little something to welcome the guests. (Can you say $.98 on clearance at Target? I'm not cheap, I'm thrifty.) I was a little hesitant with the purple bows (remember the colors? pink and green), but figured no one else but me would notice!


I had to come up with fun little (themed) prizes to give away throughout the shower: whoever had a sticker underneath their plate, whoever's present was the 7th one to be opened, and whoever had the most toppings on their ice cream. I snapped this picture after two of the prizes had already been given away. There was also a prize for one of the games which included a notepad that said Sweet!, a scoop, and some Ghiradelli chocolates.


Unfortunately, I can't take credit for these little favors. I hosted this shower with another friend of the mommy-to-be who whipped out these cute little things. However, I did buy the little tins (on 75% off clearance), so does that count? These are the most adorable little things and I was so thankful to be hosting with someone who is just like me. (Thanks, Andrea!)


One of the games we played was Baby Pictionary. The team who won got to take home a set of 4 little note cards. Notice the pink and green polka-dotted ribbon. My mom was helping me put some of these together and she casually mentioned, "Wouldn't that be cute if you had pink and green ribbon"...and guess what, friends? I had pink and green polka-dotted ribbon. Genius, mom!


Yummy sundae toppings included: Oreo cookies, gummy bears, Heath bits, peanuts, mini M & M's, chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, butterscotch sauce, and pickles if you dare!


We went with pink and green right down to the candies (don't you love it?), plates, and napkins! I can't help myself. It's a sickness.


No punch at this shower mostly because we were already having ice cream. So, we opted for raspberry lemonade with frozen raspberries to keep it cool and extra sweet!


Here is some more crafty awesomeness (is that a word?) from my co-host (who sells Stampin'Up!). She whipped these babies up in a matter of minutes...or so she says. How cute are these?? Wouldn't this be a great idea to use with your SCALLOPED CRAFT PUNCH?? (Just thought I'd throw that in there to get you motivated for the craft challenge this Thursday!)


You gotta have some confetti to add a little extra to the table. Homemade confetti if you didn't notice. So easy! Just take a cute punch and go to town.


The completed table of goodies: fruit salad, veggie tray, snack mix, and of course pickles...just in case the guests had a little craving for "pickles and ice cream".


I think it turned out to be a fun time and I know my friend felt honored and blessed. And, that's exactly what I was going for. She deserves it!

If you want to see more of my themed baby shower madness, check it out here.

Sooooo...it's time to start talking and head on over to The Lazy Organizer for more! This week is technically "The Home Tour Edition", so I guess you could say I am stretching it a bit with sharing something that I love to do IN MY HOME. Does that work? Go check it out here.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great shower...I love all the cute little details that you covered. You are a wonderful friend with a creative mind. Great job!

Dreamer said...

I love the pink and green. I also love the ice cream bar, what a fantastic idea

Unknown said...

Wow, you really "nailed" that one,down to the last tiny detail! I heart those water bottles.

Rhonda said...

Love it!!! I love to plan parties and make all the cute stuff to go with it. I wish I was blogging before and took pictures of all the party ideas I've done in the past! So Fun...Great job girls!

Sally said...

What a sweet friend you are. Your friend will remember this always! Everything is perfect!

lsnellings said...

What a fabulous shower!! You are a great friend!

Katie said...

How fun, you did a great job! I love the cute favors and fun water bottles.

Katie said...

What a fabulous celebration! Everything looks great & I bet you had a lot of fun putting it together! The Crystal Light holders with the scallop punch are fun. I also love the sprinkles idea for the favor - how clever!

Sandy said...

Oh my! Everything is adorable:0)

heidi said...

Good gravy and a loaf of bread...you're like a crafty little alien that is visiting our planet to help us class up the joint a bit. Forget taking you to our leader...can you BE our leader?!

NICELY done!

Russell Family said...

Heidi- You are just so crafty!! I love looking at your blog! Looks like you were an amazing baby shower host!

Tammy Williams said...

You totally outdo yourself all the time. It's inspiring to see how creative you are.

Lara said...

How fun! I am not a party planner so I'm envious of your skills!

heidi @ ggip said...

It looks like it was a big success! I love the idea of the ice cream sundae, especially with the side of pickles! if I ever do a baby shower again, I'm going to steal that idea!

Shannon said...

I came across your SUPER CUTE shower post and I was hoping that you would allow me to feature it on my blog
www.creativepartiesandshowers.blogspot.com

It needs to be shared! Such cute ideas!!

Please let me know
eightcrazy8@gmail.com

Hope said...

Great looking shower! I love the ice cream bar and the water bottle tags. Thanks

 
blog template by yummylolly.com