Kasey at All That is Good is encouraging us to be THANKFUL for today's Friend Making Monday!
My TOP TEN things I am thankful for...
1. God, the ultimate provider of all my blessings! He has lead me through an amazing journey thus far and I can't wait for what else He has in store for me.
2. These blue-eyed blessings...my sweet babes and my wonderful husband who is an amazing father and loving husband. I can't say enough how blessed I am to have such a wonderful man that I can call my husband and the most precious little ones that I adore!
3. My extended family that includes, of course, my mom, dad, brother and sister! I am so lucky to be a part of such a wonderful heritage of believers and two sets of grandparents that are rock solid Christians and have shown me what it means to love others as Jesus would.
Christmas 2007...I suppose it's time for another family photo!
3. My love for creativity! I love so many things that use the creativity that God has blessed me with, including, but not limited to...scrapbooking, card making, decorating, kid crafting, creating photo cards, and so much more!
4. A house that I can call a HOME...a place where we can play, have fun, and be a family who loves each other!
5. Friends...new, old, and everyone in between! I am honored to call the people that I have met in my life my friends. Some of them go back almost 13 years! And we're still going strong. Some of them are new friends who are making an impact on me at this phase in my life and I look forward to where those friendships will take us!
6. My local Mother of Preschoolers (MOPS) group. I have been attending this group for three years and have grown so much in different ways, and have met some amazing people! I thrive off being part of a group! This past year I volunteered to be on the MOPS leadership team and I am so glad that I did. It has given me a place to use my leadership skills and creativity. I am currently responsible for the monthly creative activities, birthdays, babies, and pregnancy celebrations, the monthly newsletter, and updating the blog. It sounds like a lot, but I thrive off of keeping busy, so I love it!
7. My love for organizing...I enjoy keeping my house in "working order" by having the places (even the nooks and crannies!) in our home organized. There's just something about my need for having things organized.
8. My education and teaching experience...I was thankful to have 4 years of college education graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Education. During my six years of teaching experience, I continued on with my education and received my Masters in Education about 4 months before having Mikayla. Since having Mikayla, I have not been back to teaching, but I am so grateful for that experience. I made some amazing relationships, especially in my years at Portland Christian Elementary.
9. Being a stay-at-home mom...something that I had always hoped I could be! I love being home with my kids and to be able to do the fun things that we do. I can't say it's all "fun and games" because it is difficult, stressful, tiring, and frustrating. However the joys definitely outweighs the struggles. I love being able to go outside together, work on a craft, play games, go to library story times, play dates, and so much more!
10. Prayer...It's amazing what prayer can do! Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
Head on over to Kasey's for more of Friend Making Monday!