Tuesday, June 23, 2009

better late than never, right?

Hi friends! I bet you were wondering when I was going to announce this month's lucky winner from the Monogram Madness craft challenge! The weekend was a blur and my level of energy was waaaaay down after all of the busy-ness. At first I didn't have the time to get something posted, but after I found more time...I just didn't have the energy.

So, my apologies to you for putting it off, but I did draw the winner on Saturday as "witnessed" by random.org.

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

11

Timestamp: 2009-06-20 04:24:57 UTC



The winner from this month's challenge is...

Bobbi @ Casa Camacho
Hi Heidi! I joined the challenge this month! Too bad you're taking the summer off right when I start this. ;) I'll be looking forward to it starting back up. I def know summer is busy for everyone! Have a great weekend Bobbi

Congratulations, Bobbi! As this month's lucky participant, I created a monogrammed "to do list" notebook just for you! E-mail me your mailing address at heidilynneboos@hotmail.com and I'll get this little goodie in the mail!


We'll be taking the next two months off from the challenge, but never fear...we'll be back ready to go starting in September, so be sure to come back to join us. Thanks for those of you have played a long for the last few months. It's been a lot of fun!!

********************************************

Father's Day 2009

Father's Day didn't quite go as planned. I wanted it to be extra special for Ryan, but you can't always make the kids cooperate and be on their best behavior. It was a bit of a hard day, but we made the best of it despite all the crabbiness. The night before, I had Ryan fill out a menu for his special day. He woke up to a yummy breakfast of To Die For Blueberry Muffins (the best recipe ever!) with a side of scrambled eggs and a little present from the kids that he could take to work with him to show off his little cuties at his desk.


We then headed to look at patio sets to buy with our garage sale money from the weekend. We made just under $200! (The garage sale was exhausting, and despite the rain that drenched us (3 times!), it was a success.) After looking for just a short bit, we didn't find a patio set we liked in our price range, so we then headed to lunch at Buster's BBQ...Ryan's favorite place to eat. At lunch, we gave Ryan another gift. I had won a Father's Day giveaway a couple of weeks prior (thanks, Jennifer!). It was a $20 gift card to Target. So, after the kids went down for a nap. Ryan headed to Target to find exactly what he wanted. He had already had his eye on something that was $20. I told him he could get whatever he wanted! The rest of the day was spent enjoying being together with a walk around the block, playing outside, and finishing the day off with a German Pancake for dinner made just for Ryan! We did end the day with surprising him with one more gift that he was supposed to get for his birthday in a month, but I knew he already thought he was getting it for his birthday, so I surprised him and get it for him earlier. He definitely was surprised and I pulled it off! It was a Tiger Woods Wii game. Although the day didn't go exactly as planned, it was memorable nonetheless. Babe, maybe it will turn out better for your birthday in July...

I hope you all had a special day celebrating the dads in your life! (Note: I can't believe we didn't get any pictures of the kids and their daddy on Father's Day! What's wrong with me!?)

Here's a fun little video to leave you with while we played for a bit outside on Sunday. Ryan was playing with the kids teaching them hopscotch. Austin couldn't quite get off the ground...

16 comments:

Jennifer W. said...

Such a cute video! I love when they are learning to jump and look like they are trying to take off-LOL!! That little frame was so sweet. I really hope Ryan was able to get what he wanted with the gift card. I'm glad he had something in mind that was just the right price. :) And it sounds like father's day went pretty ok to me!
Jen

Katie said...

Heidi,
Very cute to-do list that you put together for Bobbi. I bet she will love it. Hope you and your family are all doing well.

Kelli said...

That sounds like a nice day...why didn't it go as planned? Don't you love to surprise them! Hope you find your piano soon.

Kelli W said...

I have made those muffins before and they are wonderful!! That picture frame is SUPER cute!

Emily said...

that video is too cute! he sure is trying hard. Sounded like a good Father's day to me! My husband got cereal...I'm sure he would have appreciated muffins more but the pastor might not have appreciated us walking into church late if I took the time to make them!

Hillary said...

Our Father's Day didn't go exactly as planned either and I too failed to get any pictures. :(

I do love the picture frame you did for him-what a cute one!

I just got Tiger Woods for Jimmy for his birthday (in April)-he loves that game!

Michie said...

I love that frame! What an adorable idea! I'll have to remember that one. :)

vicki said...

The video is so stinkn' CUTE. I loved seeing them "jumping"!
Miss you lots!
LOve,
Mom

Bobbi & Noe said...

Awe! I feel special! Thank you so much Heidi. I LOVE To-Do Lists! haha I'm a list person. I'm so excited. Thank you. I don't think I've ever had anyone make something for me, besides my hubby and kids. Geez that's lame. ;)

That frame is adorable. I want to make one for my husband to take to work.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a cute video. I am sure that Ryan had a great father's day. Sounds awesome! I love blueberry muffins.
That picture frame is too cute to.
Congrats to the winner Bobbi.

Unknown said...

The video is adorable!! So cute when kids try to imitate their older siblings!

~Becca

Shelby said...

Such a fun Father's Day - great job!

Miller Racing Family said...

Sounds like a wonderful Father's day! I totally agree sometimes we have to just go with the flow with the little ones. Which is easier said than done. I hope your husband had a great father's day!

Russell Family said...

That is so cute! He is going to love this video when he is older!

Unknown said...

That is adorable! How cute he tried so hard and was so proud of himself! Way to go, Austin!

heidi said...

So cute! Go Austin!!

Glad Ryan had a good day. :-)

 
blog template by yummylolly.com