Friday, June 5, 2009

what were you doing...

...2 years ago!

That's what my friend Tammy asked when she decided to start a tag on her blog - What were you doing 2 years ago to this very day? (or at least as close as you can get)

Well, I don't know about me personally, but I know my sweet little Mikayla was taking her first steps at just about 13 months. After looking at these pictures taken on June 3, 2007, the memory of that day came flooding back. She had just taken her first few steps the day before, so she was very new to this walking thing. I remember we had just come home from church and decided that we would let her try out her new trick outside. It was a gorgeous day, so I grabbed the camera and just started snapping. It was so fun to capture this new feat on camera and watch her try to master this new skill.


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


Now, it's my turn to tag FIVE of my blog readers asking them this same question - What were you doing 2 years ago to this very day? (or at least as close as you can get) Share some photos and your memories of that day 2 years ago. Add it to your blog so all of us can see your answer and then tag FIVE more people to keep the ball rolling.

Mimi @ He & Me + 3
Kelli @ Random Thoughts of a Super Mom
Jen @ Tator Tots & Jello
Xazmin @ This is the Year
Emily @ Powell Power

Can't wait to see what you all were up to!
And, of course whoever else wants to play along, please do! Let me know and I'll come visit to see what you have to share. It's actually kind of fun to look back a little and reminisce. Thanks, Tammy, for stirring up the fun memory!

***************************************

My friend Kim and I went to the Zoo yesterday...I can't wait to share some of the pictures of our morning out, but here's one to whet your appetite!

Oh, if only they were always this sweet. *wink*

19 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet, what a great memory!
One of my favorite things to watch is a new walker!

Kelli said...

Adorable pictures of Mikayla!

Kelli W said...

She was so cute and little!! It's hard to believe that get so big so fast!! Thanks for the tag...I can't wait to see what I was doing!!

Becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

What a great tag- how fun is that?!!

~Becca

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! Let see 2 years ago, I was hugly pregnant with the twins, glad thats over, lol!

He & Me + 3 said...

I will get to this very soon. Thanks for the tag.
I know what you were doing...you were taking the pictures of her walking. :)

Tammy Williams said...

What a fun memory Heidi. Thanks for playing along. Mikayla looks so focused with every step she takes:)

When I saw the picture of Mikayla and Austin at the Zoo, my first thought was "Boy, Kenneth looks a lot shorter than Mikayla". I guess I was expecting to see Kenneth instead of Austin, but this is a GREAT picture none-the-less. One for the scrapbooks for sure!!!!!

Ryanne said...

I love the look on her face in the second to last one in the line of pictures....she looks very determined to stay up! Very cute!

Miller Racing Family said...

What a fun post. I love that you were able to capture the first steps in photos. I love Mikayla's little dress it is so cute. I also love the photo of the kids at the zoo, your kids are to cute.
Have a great day!

Wayne said...

what cute pictures, She looks like she did very well on those first steps

great photo friday

Hillary said...

oh fun!! What a doll she is (well, they both are, of course!)
It's crazy how fast they change, isn't it?!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

How cute! I love that age when they are just starting to walk. Thanks for the tag. What a fun game. I am going to have to see what pictures I have from two years ago. Hmmmm....

Have a super weekend!

XOXO
Jen

Emily said...

Those pictures are so precious. There's nothing quite like those first few wobbly weeks of walking! Thanks for tagging me! I can't wait to play along!

Shawn said...

Hold one, she'll be driving before you know it!

Ticia said...

So very cute, and what a big milestone! I tagged you for the 6 unimportant things that make me happy. I can't wait to see what makes you happy :).

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Those toddles are adorable. I just love those first steps.

And, the holding hands picture is precious.

vicki said...

I can't believe how much Mikayla has grown in 2 years! Love the picture of the two of them holding hands. I will be saving that one and getting a copy made.
Miss you lots!
Mom

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

How cute she is toddling along the sidewalk! Great captures of this big moment!
Your question has got me wondering what exactly I was doing 2 years ago....

kayerj said...

too cute! Here’s my photo story happy Friday!

 
blog template by yummylolly.com