Thursday, June 18, 2009

to grandpa, with love

Not only do daddies get to be treated extra special on Father's Day, but Grandpas are on that list, too! I am incredibly lucky to have two of the best grandpas a granddaughter could ask for, and I have been blessed to grow up with them in the same town, so we are extremely close. I also know that Mikayla and Austin have some pretty awesome grandpas, as well! It's really important to me that the kids have many opportunities to spend time with their grandparents. Unfortunately my dad ("PAPA" to the kids) lives far away, and we only get to see him 3 months out of the year. But, when he's here to visit, he's like a celebrity!

To honor the grandpas, they are getting a little something in the mail...hopefully on time! We don't get too complicated around here, but I like to give something fun and creative to let them know we love them!

I Mod Podged paper onto a plain craft box and included a picture of the kids on top. I figure the grandpas can use this to store mementos, loose change, notes, etc.


Inside, I included a few extra treats...


To top it off, Mikayla made her Grandpa Charlie & Papa cards. I think she got a little carried away with the stickers, but I know they will love it! What's not to love about a 3-year old's artwork?



As the kids get older, I know they will be able to help more in creating fun little goodies to give to their grandpas (and grandmas).

*********************************

It's garage sale time! I've been busy cleaning out stuff to put in a 6-family garage sale that my friends and I are having this Friday and Saturday. It's hard to imagine that we have so much stuff taking up space and not being used. Today is my day to get the pricing all finished and dig through the kitchen cabinets to see what's back there...probably stuff we haven't used in years! Time to say so long!! So, all that to say, I probably won't be around much with the sale going on all day Friday and Saturday, and Father's Day on Sunday. I might try to pop in in the evening, so maybe I'll see you again. If not, enjoy your time as a family for Father's Day weekend!

**BUT, I will be sure to post the random winner from the Monogram Challenge on Friday morning. Today is the last day to link up, so go do it...quick!

15 comments:

meredith said...

Yeah for garage sales! I'm so excited to clear out space and pass along my treasures! See you! Meredith

Lyndsie Miles said...

Oh! You gave me some great ideas for Father's Day! Thank you!

Kelli W said...

What a cute idea for Father's Day!

Smith Family said...

Oh! Thanks for the great idea Heidi =).

Emily said...

adorable! What great ideas!

vicki said...

Papa is sure going to LOVE this! Thanks Mikayla for making Papa a card.
Love,
Grammy

Kelli said...

Very cute gift. Good luck with the garage sale. We need to have one soon.

Unknown said...

You two did a great job making grandpas feel special!!

Sally said...

Now I have to venture out to Michael's today!

Sarah said...

Where did you get your boxes???

Shelby said...

what a great gift for Grandpas to receive - you are so thoughtful!

Russell Family said...

Love the boxes! What a great idea!!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Great idea for Father's Day! I'm gonna steal it next year!

Bobbi & Noe said...

The box is really cute! Those gifts are making me think that I should send something to my grandpa's asap! I miss them!

heidi said...

I'm thinking about doing my first real garage sale. I am kind of dreading it LOL So much work and effort for a little money unless you have quite a few big ticket items, ya know?

Mikayla's cards are awesome :-)

 
blog template by yummylolly.com