Today, I was awarded the HONEST SCRAP award by Sweetly Southern. What a sweet surprise!! You must head over to browse a bit because her blog is full of sweet tips and crafty tidbits. My kind of blog, for sure! Honestly, I haven't browsed enough to know for sure, but I can pretty much take a guess that we have a lot more in common than we might think. Thanks for thinking of me...you're so sweet!!
In accepting this award, I need to do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award. CHECK
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself. See below - CHECK
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me. - I will have to do this tomorrow since it's way too late...even for me (see #1 in list below)
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving. - Ditto from directly above
And, so here is me being honest. (Oh, and because I completely forgot that I have already done this once before, go HERE to check out 10 more honest things about me. And none of them are repeats. Honest.)
1. I stay up way too late. We're talking 12:30 AM, people (sometimes later...eek!) There's just so much to get done in a day and it's "my time" after the kids go down at 8:00 PM. I won't be able to do this when the kids start attending school next year, but for now since my WONDERFUL hubby takes care of Mikayla in the morning while he gets ready for work and Austin sleeps in a little...I can manage to catch a couple extra zzzzz's.
2. Before I send a "snail-mail" card (do those still exist!?), I type up what I'm going to say on a word document on the computer before handwriting it. I want to make sure I know what I'm going to say and this helps me not to make mistakes in the actual card because I'm copying it from what the computer screen says. I hate making mistakes in my handwriting. It's OK to call me a freak. I'm used to it.
3. My biggest pet peeve? When people don't RSVP! A simple yes or no doesn't seem too hard to me. Hey, I'll even take a maybe. Just being honest.
4. I could eat a bag of popcorn every night if I could.
5. I realized after reading through this post for editing that I somehow skipped #5 and so I'm being honest that I'm too tired to come up with one more thing to be honest about.
6. I won't go to bed unless I have done my night time routine. Seriously, once I even got out of bed because I realized that I had forgotten to take off my make up and wash my face.
7. I'm a big time procrastinator. Some of you might be surprised at this, but I often wait until the last minute to get things done. However, I do things in stages, so I guess I can't say that I wait to do everything at the last minute...just to get it 100% completed. I work best under pressure.
8. I worry too much about what people think of me. I'm also a people pleaser and do whatever I can to avoid any sort of confrontation. People tend to walk all over me because of this. I'm slowly learning to say how I feel when it matters to me. Oh, and I'm sensitive, too. I've often wondered how many people feel like they have to walk on eggshells around me.
9. I love reality TV. There. I said it. There are some reality shows I won't do, but I do watch the oldies, but goodies like Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Brother, So You Think You Can Dance. However, strangely enough, I have not gotten into watching Dancing with the Stars (sorry, mom) or American Idol.
10. I secretly want to move, but somewhere in the same town. I'm even willing to move down the block if it means a little bit bigger of a house. Time for change, maybe?
Update: So, I've come to the conclusion that this award has been passed around a lot already, especially lately, so to avoid duplicates, I'm not passing on the torch to anyone in particular, but I would love to hear 10 honest things about whoever would like to share!
The ever-so down-to-earth Lauren at Sanity Sold Separately was also kind enough to pass along an award to me called the The Uplifting Blogger Award. Hello!? Talk about flattering. I kind of pride myself on being the "glass half full" kind of girl and trying to look on the upside of things (although, I still struggle with this a bit if I'm being completely honest), so this one means a lot to me. Thanks, Lauren, for your witty comments, cut to the chase kind of attitude, and always making me laugh when I visit "your place".
Update: I've decided that instead of passing along the Honest Scrap award to 7 blogs (as stated in the "rules" above), I'm going to give the Uplifting Blogger award to 7 blogs. Although I really do read so many blogs that are inspiring to me, the following 7 seem to always catch my attention because of the way they express their thankfulness for the blessings they've been given in words and sometimes just pictures.
Rachel @ Memories & Mayhem
Tanya @ Miller Racing Family
Kelli @ Outside My Kitchen Window
Tanielle @ The Polka Dot Daisy
Xazmin @ This is the Year
Jen @ Tatortots & Jello
Mimi @ He & Me + 3