Saturday, February 28, 2009

silly snacks

In the middle of my recipe & cookbook organizing for The Organizing Junkie's February Round Up, I came across a kids' cookbook I didn't even know I had! We were enjoying a lazy Friday afternoon of a little organizing and playing, and so I decided we should give one of the recipes a try.

One of the cookbooks I found is called Favorite All Time Recipes - Silly Snacks. The recipe that caught my eye was {not so creatively} named...

Cool Sandwich Snacks.

Ingredients Needed:
*graham crackers, cracked in half
*chocolate fudge sauce
*Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
*sprinkles


Spread the chocolate fudge sauce on one half of the graham crackers.

Spread whipped topping about 1/4-inch thick on remaining 1/2 of the graham crackers.
Press crackers together lightly, making sandwiches.
Roll or lightly press edges in sprinkles.
Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
After the wait is over...dig in and enjoy!
Austin was a little surprised to find out how cold his bite was.
Now that I have found some fun cookbooks that need to be tested out, I hope to make some more fun snacks in the future!

For more kid friendly ideas, check out I Blame My Mother (a fun, new blog I found!)

8 comments:

Katie, Kevin and kids said...

She looks like she is having such a good time making her own snack. Fun! Nice job on the recipe project. I will look forward to seeing some of your meal plans now - smiles!

Kimm at Reinvented said...

Yum! My kids would love these too. Thanks for sharing.

sally said...

Fun! What's your tip for keeping ME out of the hot fudge? Ohhhhhh it is such a weakness for me. :) I think I might actually have the cookbook too... great reminder to get it out and let Spencer pick a few things to create!

♫ Spasm ♫ said...

been following, but not always commenting, but so glad you are linked to my site, you have amazing ideas :)

Sarah said...

Oh my, these sound GOOD! Cute too. I like the sprinkle additions! Thanks for participating in Kid Friendly Friday :) Love your blog

Kim Caldwell said...

Those look like a lot of fun! Maybe we should try it here at the Caldwell house!

~Bobbi~ said...

I've been eating good lately since I went through the recipes! lol I'll have to make this for the kiddos this week. I think I have everything in my cupboard. Thanks for sharing and for the comment.

heidi said...

FUN! I look forward to reading more fun snack ideas. My kids wanna go to your house and play with you. LOL

 
blog template by yummylolly.com