Friday, April 29, 2011

fun on skates!

Last Saturday we had such a fun time at a friend's roller skating birthday party! Sweet Anna was turning ONE and her family invited us along with other family and friends to enjoy a morning of roller skating and some 70's-themed fun! How awesome for the kids since this was their first time on roller skates! I decided that I wasn't going to brave the rink (hey, I'm the photographer...what can I say?), but daddy sure stepped up (he even brought his own roller blades!) and was a trooper with the kids. The next day his back was pretty sore from bending over to lead them around the rink. I actually didn't realize how good he really was at roller blading so I was pretty impressed! *wink*

The birthday girl being chauffered around in her stroller - so cute!

I wasn't so sure if I should let Austin out there on the rink with skates on, so I kept him busy just hanging out with me...


{eating some snacks}
And then I just couldn't hold him off any longer...

Luckily they had some Cars "snap on" rollerskates that worked perfectly for him!
{Mikayla & her friend Allie}
{The birthday girl!}

{Don't worry, be happy!}

What a fun day!!

3 comments:

vicki said...

Looks like everyone had a good time! Ryan was a trooper to help the kids. I love reading your posts and seeing all the pictures! Mom

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow, that looks like a blast. I can remember roller skating as a kid, but sad to say all the rinks around here have closed. Looks like we need to take a roller skating road trip. Love the photos!
Have a great week!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

So funny that we both have recently re-visited the roller rink! :) It looks like you guys had fun. I was the photographer too ;)

 
blog template by yummylolly.com