Monday, April 30, 2012

a pinkalicious 6th birthday!

Mikayla is SIX! Wow, time sure does go by in a blink of an eye! I still can't believe that we have celebrated two years of birthdays already in our "new" house. I still remember like it was yesterday that we held her Tinkerbell party (4 yrs) only 3 weeks after moving in. And her Princess party (5 yrs) last year was also a special memory with friends!
This year's theme we decided to celebrate PINKALICIOUS style! Mikayla loves the Pinkalicious books and I figured it was the perfect party theme for a six year old girl. I wanted to keep the party small, so I let her invite 8 of her friends. Five of them were from her Kindergarten class and the other three were friends she has had since she was little. It was so fun to welcome all of the girls to the party all dressed in PINK!

For some reason I couldn't get my motivation to work in creating the invitations until I was down to crunch time. I ended up getting them delivered just a little over a week before the party! I kept them pretty simple and "mailable", but I do love how they turned out.
I found the Pinkalicious girl image in a Google search and just copied it to a word document. After the invites were printed, I added some Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the crown and wand. It made a fun sparkling effect in person.
 
The girls entered through the front door and were greeted with pink streamers and pink balloons.
 
Some of the party activities included...
Reading the book "Pinkalicious", of course!
Balloon Bop!
{keep the balloon in the air as long as you can}
Pink, Pink, Cupcake!
{a pinkalicious version of duck, duck, goose}
 
Pin the Cherry on the Cupcake
{thanks to the Dollar Tree for the cupcake cut out!}
Brother got to play, too! It was so cute because I think Grammy spun him around so much that he really was dizzy. He wanted to pin the cherry on Mikayla! I just love this picture!
 
Photo Shoot!
Pinkalicious Bingo
Thanks to the internet, I found this FREE printable for Pinkalicious Bingo. It was perfect! All I had to do was print and cut out each game board and the calling cards, and punch out circles for markers. 
Decorate Cupcake Cut Outs
This was a time-filler and all I did was print out cupcakes onto heavier cardstock and the girls were able to decorate and cut out. Just something fun to do as the party came to a close.
 
Presents!
Food Time!
 
 
Of course there was PINK food...
And green food to help cure "pinkatitis"...
And, what's a Pinkalicious party without pink cupcakes?!
I wanted to decorate them just as they were in the book...complete with a cherry on top (which just so happens to be a red gumball).
Even the insides were pink!
My pretty pinkalicious girl!

 HAPPY SIXTH BIRTHDAY, MIKAYLA!!

Each of the girls got to take home a little pink goody bag.
 
Inside was a pink lollipop, pink bubbles, pink gum, pink chapstick, a wand, and cupcake stickers.

And, because the party was inspired by the book, each of the girls got their own personalized bookmark with a Pinkalicious quote.

3 comments:

Russell Family said...

Love it Heidi! You did an awesome job!!!

vicki said...

It was so cute to see all the girls in pink and having a great time! I enjoyed being their as the extra helper :)

Sarah said...

So fun to see some new blog posts! The party looks like it was a success. Great job! :-)

 
blog template by yummylolly.com