Wednesday, July 16, 2008

and then I tried photography

Another one of my creative ventures was to start taking photos and work on possibly getting REALLY good at it for use in the future as some sort of business opportunity. When I was in high school I used to use the kids I babysat for and set up shots like I was working for a photography studio. I even entered into a contest one year with a shot of my three favorite girls, but nothing came up of it but a roll (yes, remember film?) of cute pics.


I received a very nice camera for my birthday in February 2006 (a couple months before I had Mikayla) and was able to play around with it for awhile, mostly taking pictures of flowers and nature. Then my "muse" came along (sweet baby Mikayla) and I said forget it to the nature and began trying to capture the moments of my little one. And, yes, I would dress her up in different outfits to take a variety of shots just for fun. Although I've come to the conclusion that I don't think I am at all talented in this area, I do enjoy trying to capture the sweet faces of my two babes and occasionally a glimpse of God's masterpieces. It's all for fun though and probably always will be. I think I'll leave the real talent in this area up to others, like my friend Annie.

It doesn't hurt to share a few photos that I tried to capture through the lens of my camera...




0 comments:

 
blog template by yummylolly.com