Friday, July 10, 2009

a splishin' and a splashin'

Our 4th of July ended up being very low-key and we spent time with just the four of us. At first, we were a bit sad not having any "fun" plans, but in the long run we were so thankful for that time with just us doing whatever we wanted since it will be one of the only Saturdays during the summer where I have nothing happening. So, in hindsight it really was a blessing and we really did have a FUN time!

In the afternoon, we decided to pull out the swimming pool we got 2 summers ago at Target on clearance, and had yet to pull out! Looking at the discount tag, it said it was on clearance at $3.74...score!!

Boy, was this the hit of the day...


Notice how Austin isn't in any of the above pictures? Well, if you remember the last time we tried to play in the water, he was, as usual a bit cautious in the beginning. But, once Daddy rigged up his famous makeshift water slide, he was all in, and they both were in water world heaven!


Gotta love cheap entertainment!
PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


Later in the evening, we played with fire, er I mean lit sparklers and then called it a night...I'll share a few highlights from that a little later. For now, I'm off to finish up baking some chocolate chip cookies for the MOPS Rummage & Bake Sale Fundraiser happening all day Saturday! I'll try not to lick the bowl. ;)

18 comments:

vicki said...

GREAT PICTURES! It looked like they were having alot of fun. Great score on the price of the pool!
Love,
Mom

Jennifer W. said...

Such cute pics! My kids keep asking if we can put a slide in our pool-it's an above grounds and the sides are about 4ft! Not sure how we could ever manage that-lol. And the only thing better than cheap is free! Glad y'all had a good fourth.
Jen

kayerj said...

so much fun! Here’s my photo story. happy Friday!

Melissa said...

Cool pool. What a steal.

Unknown said...

What fun!! A couple inches of water and a few clothes and the kids are in heaven!!

Great deal. Does the water that is shooting out come from the pool or did you have the sprinkler on them too?

He & Me + 3 said...

wow..what a deal and you already got your money's worth out of it in one splash. Too fun.

Heidi Boos said...

Kim, There is a nozzle at the bottom of the pool that you can put your hose into and then it turns the top of the shark's head into a sprinkler. How cool is that!? :)

Kelli W said...

Looks like they were having a blast! I'm glad Austin finally warmed up to the pool. I actually pulled a pool out that I had bought a few summers ago too that we had never opened! I don't think I got quite as good of a deal as you, but it was definetly cheap entertainment!

Moore Minutes said...

Those times often end up being the best times! You captured some CUTE moments too.

Stacy said...

I just had to tell you that I love your blog! These pictures were so funny! Thanks for sharing!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Cute pictures! We pulled out our inflatable pool yesterday. The little ones love it!

XOOX
Jen

Emily said...

Definitely lick the bowl! And a perfect way to stay cool on a summer day!

Russell Family said...

Looks like the kiddos had a lot of fun! I wish I could find a bargain on a kiddie pool!

Rhonda said...

STEP BACK...DROP THAT SPOON! DON'T LICK THE BOWL...more cravings will soon follow! Hey...just trying to keep you accountable friend! ;o)

Great pics! I love good ole' family times. Your kids did not miss out!

Sometimes we go so much it is wonderful to just have 'family' time! We did this last Christmas...stayed in our pj's all day...did what we wanted. VERY relaxing! One of my favorite Christmas!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Looks like they had a wonderful time in the pool!

Sarah Ondracek said...

I would love to score a pool on clearance at Target thsi year! The oneyou have is awesome! It looks like the kids had a blast. I am sure their naps were l-o-n-g that day!

Miller Racing Family said...

What wonderful photos. I think they all scream summer!

Raise Them Up said...

:) I can hear the giggles all the way over here. Definitely looks like fun!

 
blog template by yummylolly.com