Sunday, July 12, 2009

teddy bear, teddy bear

Our new neighbors who moved in this last Spring just had their baby on July 5th. I wanted to give them a little something to say congratulations on their new arrival! We knew they were having a little girl, so I wanted to buy her a sweet little outfit. I love the chance when I get to shop for little babies, especially girls!! Since when did my own little baby girl get so big? How cute is this little summer dress!? (Shh...don't tell, but it was only $2.99 on Target Clearance!)


Of course the dress needed something else added with it to make it a complete baby gift, so I looked in my little gift container that I have on hand for just these occasions and I found this cute little {brand new, but stored away for awhile} teddy bear. Obviously, it instantly screams BOY with the blue bow around the teddy bear's neck. Nothing that can't be fixed, right?


I took the blue bow off and changed it up with a new one. I do wish that I had something that was PINK, but I had to make do with what I had. So, this was what I went with. I love the green and purple, but hopefully the blue doesn't overpower it.


Of course, to finish off the gift I had to make a card. And, how about a teddy bear to match!?

11 comments:

Melissa said...

What a cute card!

lsnellings said...

That is such a thoughtful gift!

Kelli W said...

That dress is too cute! Looking through all the little girls clothes always make me want a baby girl to buy stuff for!

Kelli said...

That is a sweet gift.

Katie said...

What an adorably coordinated gift Heidi! I love the bow, and while it doesn't scream girl like a pink bow it is definitely very feminine! Love how the card ties it all together. And what a great price for the dress!

Rhonda said...

What a very thoughtful, well put together gift! You make the cutest cards!!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Jennifer W. said...

Such sweet stuff. Don't you love buying for babies??
Jen

Unknown said...

Great gift idea! I am just loving the card!

Unknown said...

What a precious gift! The card is really the finishing touch! -e

Tammy Williams said...

The card was the perfect touch! What a great neighbor friend you are!

Sarah Ondracek said...

That was a very sweet thing fo ryou to do, you are very thoughtful! Your neighbor won't soon forget that you did that for her. And you'd better stock your gift container with all of the babies coming this next year!

 
blog template by yummylolly.com