Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mod Podge makeover coming soon!


Are you ready?
The fun begins tomorrow - October 1st!
Come back to link up with your
Halloween or Fall themed craft.
Don't stress if you aren't quite ready...
you'll have ONE WEEK to link up!

***********************************************

In the meantime, head on over to
Xazmin's for her Monthly Mod Podge Mania!


This was a holiday decor project from last Fall.
I painted each of these wooden plaques and then Mod Podged paper onto the "faces". Then I went to my local scrapbooking store (because I don't have a Cricut!) and had them custom make the letters to spell FALL. I thought this would do the trick to add a little extra flair to my simple Fall decor (take a peek at last year's Fall decor).


However...
in true Heidi fashion, after pulling them out of the Fall decor box this year, I just wasn't satisfied with it! I am just not in love with the colors and the choice of patterned paper. I realized it really wasn't the look I was going for, which I had kind of thought last year after I had completed the project, but at the time I couldn't bare to destroy all of my hard work.

So, what did I do, you might ask?
You'll just have to come back tomorrow to find out!
*wink*


15 comments:

Amanda said...

I look forward to see what you do with these beauties. Love them as is, great idea!

Amy said...

This is an amazing idea. I want to come back tomorrow also. I may have something to share that I did this month. I hope you not mind it is an old post and I am adding to it. Have a great day.

Missy said...

I've been a little behind on getting around to all my faves lately. So, I'm trying to catch up today. These are cute, but I will look forward to seeing them new and improved tomorrow. I plan on linking up for the craft challenge.

He & Me + 3 said...

Don't you want to make your good friend Mimi some? :) Can't wait to see what you did.

Kelli W said...

Those are too cute...I bought some wooden plaques to do the same thing with the word BOO! But I am so behind with my crafting that I haven't even started them! At least I know I have a week to finish LOL!

Tanielle said...

Super cute as usual Heidi!!! You are just way too talented!! I'll be back tomorrow!:-)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Those FALL blocks are darling. I love them. I need to make some...

XOXO
jen

Braley Mama said...

Thanks for doing this challenge! So nice to have an excuse to be crafty! :)Can't wait to see what you did!

Macey said...

Those are really cute! Kind of like what I did! :)

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow, I totally love the decor. The letters with the pumpkin details are so cute. It can truly put you in the fall mood. Thanks for the great idea. Have a wonderful day!

Jenny said...

I can't wait to see how they turned out!

Unknown said...

Those are very cute - love the colors!

Russell Family said...

The fall blocks are really cute!! Fall is my favorite time of year and I love to get out my pumpkin decorations! :)

Roeshel said...

I think they're so pretty and festive! I am curious to see what you have going on though! ;)

Roeshel

Barbara Jean said...

I like them, but understand what you mean about sometimes things are not just quite 'it'.
'blessings
and can't wait till tomorrow!!

barbara jean

 
blog template by yummylolly.com