Sunday, October 19, 2008

October copy cat projects under $10

Before staying home with my two children, I was a teacher. One of the greatest things about being a teacher is all of the ideas that are shared within the teaching community. I miss that...being constantly surrounded by creativity. Fortunately I found this amazing craft blogging world and now I am inspired every day by so many imaginative creators. There are so many projects I have seen on crafty blogs that I would love to create, but with such little time in the day to focus on "just me" and all the other things that are higher on the "to do" list, I have to get done what I can when I can. Sunday was my day to create and have fun! Not only did we spend some time as a family and create the newest member of our family...Jack Junior, but I was also able to gather together some supplies and do a little creating of my own after the kids went to bed. Here are a couple of projects I was able to get done.

Project #1 -


I was inspired by this creative project from Little Birdie Secrets.

Supplies:
small tin bucket from Michaels ($5.99 - use your 40% off coupon to get it even cheaper!), 12x12 sheet patterned paper (1 piece at $.75), ribbon (which I already had), Modge Podge, and letters (I love my town's scrapbook store...I used their die cut machine, but stickers would work, too)


Project #2 -


I was inspired by this cute inspiration from Make & Takes to create an extra added handmade touch to our home's Fall decor.

Supplies:
4 5x5-inch beveled wood squares ($1.29 each); patterned paper (1 piece at $.90); letters (I visited my local scrapbook store and had them create me letters using their laser cutter-$.25 per letter), Modge Podge, acryclic paint


**I also tried to replicate this, but completely failed! I obviously purchased the wrong kind of glitter and this project went south rather quickly. I plan on reusing the faux pumpkin for a different creation after I wipe off the glitter. The glitter was only $1.29, so I didn't put too much money down the drain for this one. Next time I'll have to read the directions carefully before trying to recreate something from Martha Stewart!

Hope you are enjoying this beautiful season!

0 comments:

 
blog template by yummylolly.com