Tuesday, February 19, 2013

heart fruit cups

As Room Coordinator I get to plan lots of fun for the class parties! It's a bit of a stressful job with coordinating and planning, but usually only for the week leading up to the party. And, I have been blessed with some willing and able parents who volunteer to bring things in or come and help out! I shared about my "love juice" water bottles last week that each of the kids received at the party, but for another part of the snack I decided on fruit cups! I wanted the snack to be healthy because I knew the kids would be getting plenty of treats and candy they could take home and eat. They didn't need to be on an extra sugar high! I'm sure the parents appreciated this a little more than the kids might have. ;)

I was making fruit cups for 26 kids, so I had to get speedy with my cutting or I would be in the kitchen all day long, so I got out my Pampered Chef Egg Slicer and cut away on the strawberries. It was SO QUICK!! I always forget I have this handy kitchen tool for strawberries!

Just like that...perfectly sliced strawberries!

And, what's a fruit salad on Valentine's Day without some heart-shaped fruit?!

Top it off with a little extra sweetness with some whipped topping...
It made my day when one of the kids shouted, "Hey, there's heart shaped fruit in here!" Oh, good...they did notice!

1 comments:

vicki said...

That looks so yummy! You are doing a great job being the room coordinator for Mikayla's class :)

 
blog template by yummylolly.com