Tuesday, November 17, 2009

holiday bazaar creativity

Normally, I save sharing about my Stampin' Up! goodies for my Stuck on Stampin' blog, but I just had to share it all here first! Enjoy!!

A couple of Saturdays ago, I participated in my first craft bazaar as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. Not only did I set up my own booth, but I was coordinating all of the other 40+ vendors who would be there. Talk about STRESS!!! (A little reason why I was MIA here in blogland for 2 weeks!) But, I wasn't alone. This was a Holiday Bazaar & Bake Sale Fundraiser for our MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group, so all of us on the leadership were able to pull together a very successful first year!

Although, yes, indeed, it was super stressful with getting everything ready to have a great looking table, in the end I was glad I was able to pull off the projects that I did! My list was MUCH longer than everything that I actually got accomplished, but at one point I decided that I could only do what I could do. I can save the other projects for next year!

My upline and friend, Andrea joined me for the bazaar, which made our table double in size! Overall, it was definitely all worth it as I made a good chunk of money to put back into purchasing more great Stampin' Up! products and continue my love for creating and inspiring others!

Our Booth

Christmas Cards
3 designs in packages of 5
I was so surprised that NONE of them sold! I have 7 packages. Let me know if you're looking for some handmade Christmas cards. *wink* (5 cards for $8 or 2 pkgs. for only $12!)

Reindeer Food
Mikayla helped me make these. Basically it is oatmeal with red and green sprinkles. On top, I included the poem that goes along with it. I don't think many of the bazaar shoppers knew what it was, but I think the kids would get a kick out of leaving this reindeer food on the lawn on Christmas Eve.

Sprinkle on the lawn at night,
The moon will make it sparkle bright.

Santa's reindeer fly and roam,
This will guide them to your home.


Post It Note & Pen Holder

I found this cute tutorial here and had so much fun making these! They really are super easy and would make such great gifts!

Decoupaged Christmas Stars
I had 4 different patterns and colors for these and made 2 of each (I didn't get a picture of each of them separately, but if you look at the table in the above picture, you might be able to catch a glimpse). I sold all 8 of them to my friend! I look forward to seeing how she decides to use them for decoration in her home. I LOVE how they turned out and will definitely be making more of these for Christmas!

Decorative Clothespins & Altered Binder Clips
These are so easy and fun to make! You could whip a bunch of these out with a little bit of Mod Podge and some patterned paper.

Snowman Candy Bar Wrappers
These are mini Hershey candy bars covered to look like snowmen. Another tutorial, I found and knew I had to make a lot of them. 20 to be exact! The tutorial can be found here.

Gift Tags
I just recently purchased an adorable Stampin' Up! die for my Big Shot die cut machine and it makes it so super easy to make gift tags. I can't wait to make up many more of these to add to the packages at Christmas!

Snowman Kisses Tic Tac Covers
LOVED these! These sold really well! Again, the minute I found this tutorial, I just knew I had to make these...as many as I could! The tutorial link uses the large sized Tic Tacs, but Costco only sold the packs of small sized. Maybe I'll make a new tutorial for the small size? Interested?
Inside it says:
He's cute, cuddly & full of good wishes.
He wants to give you these snowman kisses!
Decorative Matchboxes
These were decorated with patterned paper and are the perfect little size for putting money inside or a small little Hershey chocolate.
Snowman Soup
Hidden inside is a package of hot cocoa, mini marshmallows in a clear baggie, Hershey's Kisses and a candy cane. I had an assembly line in making these, so they came together rather quick and easy and turned out so cute!

Click on this next picture to view the poem larger.
There you have it!! I tackled my FIRST ever bazaar! Next time, I think I'll work on getting things tackled way ahead of time and I might enjoy the process a bit more! That might mean I need to say no to coordinating next year's bazaar. We'll see...

For more Tackle it Tuesday, visit 5 Minutes for Mom.

24 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh, I want your whole table. You are so creative and all that stuff is so cute. What great gift ideas.

Missy said...

Wow, you have been busy stampin'.I love all the projects. Those snowman tic tac covers are too cute and the matchbox covers. Might have to do those. Thanks for sharing.

Kelli W said...

No wonder you have been MIA from blog land! You have been crafting a ton of stuff! It is all really cute...and I'm glad the bazaar when so well!

Unknown said...

Wow, such great ideas!!!! I may have to try a few myself. Loved the reindeer food!

Kelli said...

This post was so worth the wait. I wish I could have been there. how fun and I can only imagine how much of a success it was. Thanks for linking to the tutorials.

Candice @ Made With Love said...

Wow! Such a great and creative sampling of projects. Congrats on your first bazaar!!!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

What great ideas!!! Thank you sooo soo much for linking up the tutorials too!!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Oh my goodness, Heidi! I love it all! Do you mind if we borrow some of your ideas for our Countdown to Christmas? The girls would LOVE it!

vicki said...

Everything looks great! I am glad that it was a success for you. Maybe I can help you get some things ready for the next bazaar when I am down there.
Love,
Mom

Braley Mama said...

I am very impressed! I want the gift tags! What talent you have in the details:)

Xazmin said...

Okay seriously...all this stuff is AMAZING! I am so glad it was such a success! You are so talented!

Susie said...

Your stuff is so GREAT!! Awesome tackle:-)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What cute things! I wish I could have come. It looks like it was very fun!

XOOX
Jen

Smith Family said...

WOW! Your work is beautiful Heidi. I can't decide which one is my favorite-I love them all =).

Unknown said...

The stars were so cute... I could see putting them on the outside of a gift of cookies for a neighbor or friend! Are they hard to make? I love it!

Good job!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

Wow! What a great table and so many great projects! I love the snowman kisses, they are really cute! (And I love white tic-tacs!) Haha. Great tackle.

Stop by my Tackle-it Tuesday if you have a chance! :)

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Wow! I don't know how you manage to make so many detailed things!! You really amaze me. Great ideas! Glad the bazaar was such a success! Hope to make it next year.

Mama King said...

Wow, it all looks amazing! And a whole lot of work! Whew! Glad it was a success :-)

It Feels Like Chaos said...

They are all so cute! And they all look very professional; most of the time when I "craft" it looks like a 5 year old did it!

Katie said...

Whoopsie, just noticed I left my craft show comment on the Friend Making Monday post. But again I love everything you made!

Wanda in NC said...

Everything is so festive! You did great girl! Hope you did great on getting rid of most everything too. Love all your items.

Tammy Q Howell said...

Wow what a pretty table! Love all the items and the stars are awesome!

Amanda said...

WOW!
These all are so cute!!!
I love all of these sweet little goodies.
Fantastic job!
Blessings,
Amanda

Jan Hoyt said...

I am totally floored that none of your adorable Christmas card packs sold! I know sometimes cards go over well and other times nobody wants them but yours are very cute so it makes no sense at all.

The Tic Tac snowman kisses are darling! If you have a template for either small or large ones, I would love to see it. I'm doing a craft fair the week-end after Thanksgiving and I guess I should be getting ready??? Jan Hoyt
inkerzaway@aol.com

p.s. I found your blog via the Late Night Stampers blog links.

 
blog template by yummylolly.com