Thursday, April 30, 2009

clearing the closet clutter


Can anyone relate to the mess that can happen in a closet...in a matter of months or sometimes even weeks? I'm sure it has something to do with the idea of how you can just close the doors to close out the mess. I feel like I do a decent job of having an organized plan and then in the rush of the moment I end up shoving something in the closet "just for now" and then never coming back to actually put it away in its proper place. And, then, of course, it starts to build! To say the least my kids' closets were in need of some shapening up. They were starting to get overtaken by clothes that didn't fit or new summer clothes I've recently purchased, or simply just stuff that starts to accumulate without you even realizing it!

It was time...so, add a little Spring Cleaning Fever and a good old fashioned Org Junkie Roundup and those closets are now good to go! Clothes are now neatly put away or passed down to friends whose children are in need of the next size. And I even filled a pretty good sized box to either store in the attic or put in the garage sale pile. It feels good to get things organized and clean.

I tackled my son's closet a week ago, so this might be a repeat for those who come by my blog often. For those coming over from Org Junkie's Round Up you can visit HERE for more details. (I even cleaned out the dresser drawers!) I cleaned out my daughter's closet at the end of last week. And, now I can share my success!

Austin's Closet

BEFORE
(right side)

AFTER
(right side)
BEFORE
(left side)
AFTER
(left side)
**************************************

Mikayla's Closet

BEFORE
(left side)

AFTER
(left side)

BEFORE
(right side)
AFTER
(right side)
You still have time...get those closets or cupboards de-cluttered and head on over to The Organizing Junkie to show off your hard work!!

21 comments:

sherri said...

Hello, just visiting for the first time! I love organizing closets, cabinets and drawers! Problem is I don't do it enough. Doesn't it feel great tho', once you do it? I'll have to check out the Organizing Junkie. Great job on your closets!

Unknown said...

Looks great. I noticed you organized the hanging clothes also. I am glad I am not the only one who puts them in length order. I also do color in my closet but no tthe kids'. Have a great day.

Unknown said...

They look great!

I usually manage to keep the girls closets decent, but our closet is always a mess. And don't even get me started on the linen closet!!

Unknown said...

Love it! I love my closet all organized. TFS -- I grabbed your button.

Mama King said...

Looks great! You are a better woman than I. Our closets are bulging with disorganization! The inspiration has not hit yet... Here's hoping :-)

Christy said...

Looks wonderful! My kid's closets never look that nice, but I am inspired to tackle them soon! Thanks!

Kelli said...

excellent job on the closets!! All those tiny clothes are so sweet too!! :-)

Dawn said...

Looks great! I finished the closets in my 2 older girls' room but the other girls' bedroom and ours-watch out! You've gotten so much done in the past weeks-good for you!!!

Russell Family said...

Nice work! You should see Alexis' closet! I took out so many clothes the other day from preemie-12months and I still haven't packed them up! :) I just put them in the spare room so I could walk in her closet :)Hope all is well and you are enjoying the weather! I am stuck at work today and tomorrow :(

Abbie said...

You did so many closets! I just came over from OrgJunkie. I totally understand what you mean by feeling "overtaken by clothes." I takled my kid's closets the other day and found premie baby sandles, size 0 in there. My daughter hasn't worn these in a while! Great job organizing your space!
Abbie

Miller Racing Family said...

All of your spring cleaning has inspired me to get busy doing ours. So last night I scheduled my posts, well caught up on the post I have been meaning to do. Then this weekend it is time to get to cleaning. Thanks for kicking me in gear.
Have a blessed Thursday!

Emily said...

Wow! Great work on both of them. I just love the feeling of accomplishment that washes over me whenever I re-organize something!

Amanda said...

Ahh doesn't it feel good to have nice and tidy organized closets!!!
Good for you!!!

We're having a yard sale on Sat. so I've just gone through each closet too. :-)
Blessings,
Amanda

It Feels Like Chaos said...

It just feels good to open those doors now I bet!

Tammy Williams said...

Nice job! I have to tackle Maya's soon.

Kelli said...

I am thankful to have found your blog and because of that I have left you an award over at my place.

jennykate77 said...

You did such a nice job! They look so tidy and organized. I think it really helps things flow smoothly when everything is organized and in its place. It's usually hard work to get there, but really worth it in the end.

Hope you've had a wonderful week!

Tracey said...

Great job! There's nothing like the feeling of having closets all cleaned out - even though hardly anybody knows it except you [well, unless you blog about it I guess :) ]

Kayren said...

You did a great job on both of your kids' closets. Your son's especially was quite a transformation.

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

Your closets look great, lol I don't think they were too bad "before!" What I mean is...mine are worse!! hahaha! Thanks for sharing!!

Patricia said...

You did an amazing job!! Your closets have such a spacious look now.

 
blog template by yummylolly.com