Sunday, April 26, 2009

the birthday girl's special day

Sorry, I'm still talking birthdays...stay with me!! I'll be moving on eventually. Part of me just can't believe my little girl turned three years old! Birthdays are a big deal for me, especially since now that I'm "old" my own birthday isn't so much a big deal anymore. I have to celebrate other birthdays like they're my own! And, we did a lot of celebrating!!

April 22nd - Mikayla's actual birthday

We started the day with a special breakfast treat!
Look! There's actually three candles!

Later in the morning, I had to bribe Mikayla to go to library time. She was being a bit stubborn (what's new?!). Thankfully, she decided that she wanted to go with 5 minutes to spare to get out the door and make it on time. She got to wear her "birthday princess" ribbon and loved it!

On the way home, I asked what she wanted for lunch and she said she wanted a cheese roll up, so we hit the Taco Bell drive through and came home to have a picnic lunch on the living room floor and watched Bolt before we headed for naps.

Ryan came home from work and surprised Mikayla with flowers. She was so cute holding them in her arms. I didn't get a picture of the moment because he surprised us by coming home a little earlier than expected and so I wasn't "camera ready". Here are the flowers with all of her birthday card greetings.

For dinner, we headed to Red Robin for a free kid's meal!

When they sang to her, she was a bit shy...that's my girl!

Enjoying her free ice cream sundae
After dinner we headed to Target for a new bike helmet for a gift she was going to get later that evening (but she didn't know that yet!)

Present Time!

Her first computer...
(Gotta share that I found this on clearance at Target back in January for 50% off! I was so excited and knew exactly that I would be saving it for her birthday.)

Opening up her princess scooter...
Here she is a few days later enjoying her new present!
Doesn't she look like such a big girl?!

Austin trying on Mikayla's new dress up crown
New jammies from her Grandma Ruth & Grandpa Charlie
Overall, it was a good day for a birthday.


15 comments:

vicki said...

Mikayla,
Looks like you had a great birthday!
We love you very much!
Papa and Grammy

heidi @ ggip said...

That donut idea for a birthday treat is so great! I'm going to try to do it for my son later this year!

Kasey said...

Looks like a great day! and your little girl looks just like you!

Rhonda said...

Awww what a fun birthday. She is adorable like you! Thanks for sharing!

Tammy Williams said...

What a fun birthday for Mikayla. Seems like it lasted a week:) That's how it works in our house too...3 different parties:) I can't believe the treats you made...how yummy. Love the soccer net too, we might have to get one of those:)

Sarah said...

I picked up a couple of the LeapStart computers back in
January as well. My girls got one the year before so I knew they would be great cousin gifts - on the cheap! Cute donuts :)

Rachel Holloway said...

wHAT A CUTIE! And a super fun idea with the donuts! :)

SO MANY fun gifts for the birthday gift! I am a planner too--isn't it great to get those bargain deals ahead of time?

Lyndsie Miles said...

I love the idea with the dounuts! Super cute... and easy... I could actually do that.

I love birthdays as well. You have such great ideas!

Unknown said...

WOW! I cannot belive I missed all the birthday posts. I decided to head over and see if you have posted anything and I find several.

The parties looked perfect despite the few hurtles! Mikayla is a lucky little girl!

Heather said...

looks like such a fun day! thanks so much for your kind words on my blog!

Tracey said...

Those pajamas are precious!! My girls have the same princess scooters (and have found all kinds of daring ways to ride them!)

Femin Susan said...

looks like you had a great birthday.
Cheers!

Kris said...

Oh Heidi...she is absolutely adorable. All of those pictures just capture so much fun! I love that her daddy brought her flowers when he came home. That is a tradition I'm sure she will always remember. And I love the candles in the breakfast donuts. How fun!

Kelli said...

Jamison has that same scooter and loves it. We need to get her a new helmet though. Fun birthday...Taco Bell for lunch! You can't beat that.

Tanielle said...

What fun!!! You are just too cute!

 
blog template by yummylolly.com