Tuesday, April 14, 2009

the birthday girl...almost!

We're counting down to the big day around here...
Mikayla's Big Day!

Just 8 more days until we have a 3-year old. Eek!

This is a photo collage I created to send out to family.
I love being able to take a glance all at once and see how much she's changed in just one year.
{click on picture to view larger}


Mikayla is so excited for her birthday to come and this year she has gotten really into "making a list". She'll see something on a commercial and say, "I want to put that on my birthday list." The list all started when we were at Target a month or so ago and she was busy playing with THIS and I wanted to hurry her along so I said that maybe she could write that on her birthday list (silly thing to say when we had already purchased her birthday gifts). Well, ever since that day I have not stopped hearing about it! Thankfully, I passed the idea onto the in-laws and they were all for it, so I picked it up a couple weeks ago and it was $20 cheaper than it had been a week before! However, as the list keeps getting longer, I continue to remind her that she won't be receiving everything on her list.

The family party is this weekend!

Here are the invites I had been keeping "under wraps"
until everyone got them in the mail.


It's going to be pretty casual since you know...it's family and all, but I wanted some sort of a theme, so I went with a little bit of "sweetness" and made these lollipop invitations. I saw this idea featured on the new party planning blog Creative Parties & Showers (where I was featured about a week ago with this baby shower!).

I LOVE all of the other ideas shared in that same birthday post, but I think I'll save these for another party down the road...too little time to get it all together like I would want to without making me go completely crazy! But I will most likely be using at least a few of the ideas shown in her pictures. They're too cute not to!

Lots to do and time's running out!

16 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

How exciting! She will love that baby care center! My daughter got one like that when she was about 3 and she still lays with it. She is almost 10!

Cute invitations too! Can't wait to see pics from the party!

OXOX
Jen

Katie said...

Fun! Fun!
I'm glad we got a preview of your great photo collage for this year. I was looking forward to seeing it after seeing the adorable pictures from the last 2 years!

Unknown said...

I love the lollipop idea. I will have to go and check out other ideas for Kenneths bday! Thanks for sharing.

He & Me + 3 said...

Great collage of pictures....she is adorable. I also love the lollipop invites. too cute. I may have to borrow that one sometime. So creative!

Sally said...

I didn't realize that Mikayla and Hudson are only 2 days apart! Your invitations are darling! They have the "real" lollipops at Hey Diddle Diddle in Newberg by the way... so cute! Might make good party favors? As if you need any ideas! :)

vicki said...

We love the invitation and collage! Wish we could be there to help celebrate.
Love,
Papa and Grammie

Greeting Card Printing said...

The collage looks lovely, and she is so adorable in the pictures! Cool idea for the invitations too. Good luck with the party, hope everything goes well!

Dawn said...

I love the collage and invitation-both are so cute!! Good Luck getting ready for the party!

Jen said...

How sweet! The photo collage is just adorable and the invitations- beautiful. They grow so fast- my baby just turned 5. And my oldest will be 7 at the end of the month. Great job and have fun with her party.

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!
http://raisingcreativeandcuriouskids.blogspot.com

Tanielle said...

Cute invites and collage...you are so stinkin' talented! Can't wait to see pics from the party! She is a beautiful little girl!

Tanielle

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

What a precious collage! I can understand how you feel though...eeek is right! My daughter will be three in four months and I am NOT ready for it!
Carrie

Lyndsie Miles said...

Parties are always fun to plan. I love her invites!

heidi @ ggip said...

The photo collage was a great idea. I've been meaning to send something out for my baby's first year, but it will have to be late, because it already is!

Enjoy the party!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Too funny because I featured your baby shower today on Tip Junkie. You're getting lots of love for your creativity!

Miller Racing Family said...

How fun! I love the photo collage! The invitations look good enough to eat. I hope the party goes well. I can't wait to see pictures. Have a great day!

Missy said...

How fun, Heidi! These are super cute. I'm working on invites for my daughter's party as we speak. Fancy Nancy is her theme. I think it's more fun for me than it is her.

Looks great!

 
blog template by yummylolly.com