Tuesday, April 7, 2009

hmmmm....what to say?

Some of you may have noticed that I have gone two whole days without a blog post. Even when I was "on a break" I didn't go two days without posting at least SOMETHING. There's really no reason for the absence. I'm still here. Reading others' blogs and leaving comments when I can. I just can't figure out what to say.

Over the last week or so, I've been working on lots of little projects. However, I can't really show them to you because I don't want to ruin the surprise for those who will be receiving these things in the mail. What fun is that, right? Don't worry I'll hopefully share sometime at the end of the week or beginning of next.

Things I've been up to these days:

-Mikayla's family birthday party invitations - an idea I saw on Monday and whipped them out because I was so inspired and excited! They'll be in the mail today!

-Easter cards for our family - I don't do Easter cards every year, but after finding some adorable paper at The Paper Zone, I put together a simple little card. Of course, my plan was to include a picture of the kids all dressed up and Easter-y, but then Mikayla fell last Thursday and banged up her lip and scraped her face, so I decided to wait until her "face" healed a bit. Then she fell again on Saturday and scraped her nose. And, well, now it's too late, so I suppose a card with no picture is better than no card and no picture. The cards will be in the mail today!

here's my sweet girl before falling again on Saturday
(it looked worse in person...trust me)

-Mikayla's 3rd birthday photo collage
- I started this tradition with Mikayla last year for her 2nd birthday. I can't show you this year's since {say it with me}...it will be in the mail today! But I will show you last year's. It's so surreal to look back and see how much she's grown!!


And just for fun and to make this post a little more exciting, here's Austin's 1st birthday collage...


-playing with my Stampin' Up! stuff - I made a sample card (and then reproduced two more while I was at it) using one of my new stamp sets called One of A Kind. I was inspired by something I saw on Splitcoast Stampers. I've been trying to get everything prepared for an open house and get the invites out. There's so much to think about!!


-lots of walks and enjoying the sun - the weather has been so beautiful this last weekend and on Monday. We were outside a lot and the kids and I took walks around the neighborhood. Mikayla is loving her tricycle, so she always wants to ride her bike any chance she can get! Little does she know she's getting a 3-wheeled scooter for her birthday!

On one of our walks, the kids stopped to pick weeds (or as Mikayla would call it...lettuce).

I like to call this picture "community service".
They would pick weeds and then put them in the
back of her tricycle to haul away.

oh! to be a kid again! Mikayla is using the steps as hopscotch

this is pretty much the only entertainment the kids have in the back yard
we do have a plastic house we bought last summer for $20,
but we really need some outside toys...time to get on Craigslist!!


-a Sunday afternoon trip to the Goodwill - I've been really inspired lately by so many crafty transformations that I thought I would try my luck at our local Goodwill, so while the kids napped and I left Ryan to play a little Wii, I took a quick trip to see if I could find any treasures. I did come away with a brand new in package pink plastic table cover for $.50 and some plastic dishware for Mikayla's tea party for $1.00 which is in the dishwasher as I type. They are cute flower shaped plates and bowls perfect for her little friends.

I also found this...


...for $1.99. You'll just have to wait and see what my plans are for it! I got started on it today, but let me just tell you that spray paint is NOT my friend!

Of course there's more that we've gotten accomplished, like planning my menu for the SECOND WEEK IN A ROW! These last two weeks, I have made this a priority and it has been making a huge difference in my normal headache of dinner preparations. I'm actually enjoying cooking. Gasp!

Hope everyone is having a
great start to your week!


And, don't forget you have until Thursday to get that button project of yours linked up. I'll be choosing a winner from the participants on Thursday night and will reveal the winner and next month's craft challenge on Friday!

17 comments:

mub said...

I have horrendous luck with spraypaint too! I thought I was the only one *L* Can't wait to see what you do with that tray!

I really like that card you made. It's way cute.

vicki said...

I am glad that you got some sun and were able to get the kids outside. I does sound like you have been really busy.
Miss you!
Mom

lsnellings said...

I can't wait to see what you do with that tray!

Shawn said...

Man, you've been a busy girl.

Goodwill is my least favorite place to go but if you can show me something cute from that tray I could maybe, possible, I'm not so sure, be converted.

I"ll be waiting!

Dawn said...

I love those collages-how cute!!

Thanks for all the pictures-your kids are adorable. Can't wait to see what you are doing with the tray. I've been thinking of going to our Goodwill too. I've seen so many awesome projects on different blogs.

Kelli W said...

You've been SUPER busy!! I love the photo collages!! They are really cute, and a great idea for birthdays!

Rachel Holloway said...

So much fun! Glad you stopped in to post something. Looks like nice weather there! How wonderful!

And HOW, HOW, HOW is spray paint not your friend? I would marry it...If I weren't already married. :) jk Can't wait to see your transformation!

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

Those birthday collages are so cute! That's a great idea!

Tanielle said...

Aww cute tray! I tagged you over on my blog! A lot less "mean" than your tag!:-)

Have a super day!

Tanielle

Miller Racing Family said...

Enjoyed all of the photos. I really liked the community service picture. Trey is 3 also and last night he picked me a lot of weeds which looked liked purple flowers. Sweet but oh how they smelled. I hope the little one heals before Easter. Isn't it when you want pictures they always get scratched up. Hope you have a great week!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Poor Mikayla! It does seem like those facial accidents always happen when you're getting ready for photos! Love your cute birthday photo collages!

Tammy Williams said...

Poor Mikayla. I hope she is looking better soon. She is still a cutie! Love the collages. It is fun to see how quickly they grow from babies to toddlers.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

You have been busy! It's so nice to get out in the sun after a long winter. It was nice here yesterday and now it's back to freezing. But at least I was out being warm while it lasted!

I love Stampin Up stuff. Your card is so cute! I need to get my supplies out and get creative!

And your photo collage is such a great idea!

XOXO
Jen

Unknown said...

Girl, no wonder you haven't had time to write a blog post! You've been oozing creativity all over the place! And let me tell ya, oozing uses up a lot of energy.
Can't wait to see what you do with the tray!

Katie said...

Wow you've been busy! Those collages are such a great idea! It's nice to see at a glance how they've changed. One of these days I'm going to get the hang of the whole digital thing.

Heidi, I am so sorry but I am going to be a flake and come up short with the button craft challenge. I just could not get it together this month! I did however still go blog jumping and see all the great stuff other people did! I noticed in my picture archives I seem to use buttons for the same thing over and over again as flower centers...not too exciting at all huh? It was still a lot of fun seeing what everyone came up with.

The Masked Mommy said...

Good luck on your lilies and carrots! When you make the goldfish carrots, make sure you put one goldfish down nose first before filling. They look more pointy that way. Happy Easter!

heidi said...

Superwoman!

Love the collages!! Austin is such a smiley little man, isn't he?? Mikayla seems more..serious..intense..focused. Yk? Like my Sienna.

 
blog template by yummylolly.com