Thursday, April 2, 2009

button projects - it's a party!!

I'm so excited to be hosting the second craft challenge here at Blue Eyed Blessings! A whole month has gone by since our last craft challenge of sharing ideas using a scalloped craft punch...go check it out if you haven't gotten the chance! And, it's already that time again! My hope for these monthly craft get togethers is for you to be challenged to create something!




It's simple: Each month, I give you an embellishment, tool, or idea and you get to create something fun to share with the rest of us! You have one month to work on the project (big or small) and then you can come back to share your creation on the first Thursday of the month.

Are you ready to share your button projects?

I decorated this bucket with a little Mod Podge and paper,
and added some cute little buttons to give it the finishing touch.
For more details, check it out HERE.


My second button project was decorating a clothespin and using it as a clip with a magnet on the back. I used Mod Podge and added paper for the background and then added some buttons to give it a cute whimsical look. I was going to make more than one, but I ran out of time! Go figure! I'll probably duplicate a few of these...wouldn't these be great as gifts?


Now, it's YOUR TURN!!

1. Link up your post (new or old) to Mister Linky below and be sure to link to the ACTUAL POST and not just your blog, so we know where to find your idea!
2. In your post, either use the button on the left side bar or a link to my site for others to be able to join in the fun or to come on by to see what everyone has created.
3. Try to visit as many of the participants as you can and comment on their creations.
4. I will leave Mr. Linky up for one week and it will close on Thursday, April 9th.
5. A random winner will be chosen from the participants and be announced next Thursday. This month's giveaway will be something fun using these.
6. I will also give you your next "assignment" on Thursday of next week.

Prepare to be inspired!

14 comments:

Tammy Williams said...

Very Cute. I should make some of those clips as bag clips. I am always in need of a good bag clip.

Tanielle said...

So super cute! I need to add these to my file of things to make for sure!!!! I love them both! Gotta do some clothespins for sure!

Have a great day! This is going to be fun!

Tanielle

Katie said...

The card clip with buttons is very cute. I love your button colors.
I posted one of my button projects, however I still want to do the button egg idea you linked to. Hopefully we will do that yet before Easter. The stuff is all here and ready!

Kitty Scraps said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! What a great blog you have! I love your decoupaged tin for holding your punches. I need to do something similar and you've just given me the inspiration for my next trash to treasure project. Thank you!

heidi @ ggip said...

Those are really great!!

Missy said...

Cute ideas so far. I really like your altered tin for your punches, Heidi. Cool! Don't know if I'll be able to get something finished before the 9th , but maybe. I procrastinated. I do have an idea though.

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

Very cute! I love the clip, it is so handy to have clips on the fridge!

Shawn said...

Does your day have more hours in it than mine? You have small children home with you, mine are at school all day and I still don't have the time to do the things you do!

Lately my creativity seems to be constipated!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Heidi! I was reading someone else's post and was so surprised to see your project button pop up! I didn't know you did this. I must have missed that somehow.

What a fun idea! I want to do your next one. I love it!

XOXO
Jen

Dawn said...

Love the clothespin-so cute-and a great idea!! Those would be cute on the fridge for the girls' papers.

Sarah said...

I love your ideas, especially the tin, SO cute!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

I am just soaking up the inspiration and am setting aside some time very soon to get crafty myself!

Jen said...

Love the button crafts that you posted. Great ideas!

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!
God's Shining Stars

Xazmin said...

I made it! I made it! Can't wait to go look at all the projects now...super super cute!

Xazmin

 
blog template by yummylolly.com