Saturday, October 25, 2008

one bite says it all

On Friday, I decided it was time to make some sugar cookies to deliver to our neighbors. Last year, our treat this time of year was a small loaf of chocolate chip pumpkin bread. This year, I was in the mood to make cookies and figured since my daughter is now at the age where she enjoys being mommy's little helper, I thought it would be perfect. Check out the fun she had at here.

Soft Sugar Cookies

3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
3. Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients until fully absorbed. Cover dough and chill for 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
5. On a clean, floured surface, roll out small portions of chilled dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters.
6. Bake 6-8 minutes, or until edges are barely brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

**This particular recipe (which I can't remember where it came from, but don't worry I won't sell any of the cookies) made just under 4 dozen and I love how soft they turn out after baking. The key is to bake them closer to the 6 minute mark. The other great thing about this recipe is the dough is easy to handle (just use flour on your hands like most sugar cookie recipes) and roll out.

**I started out thinking that *maybe* I could make cookies that looked like this, but then quickly snapped back to reality and so this is as good as it got...


one of my favorite parts, is wrapping them up to deliver

getting ready to deliver the goodies

0 comments:

 
blog template by yummylolly.com