Thursday, October 23, 2008

fall into fun

We have been so lucky here in Oregon with some BEAUTIFUL Fall weather (with an occasional rainy day). The beauty of the colors of the season are amazing and it is just another reminder of God's love for us.


The last couple of days, the kids and I have been able to go for some peaceful and enjoyable walks. The neighborhood next to us has these trees that are bursting in the most amazing red color (above). These trees are much larger than the ones in our neighborhood, but in a couple of years, I'm sure they won't be too far behind.

On our walk on Tuesday...
I pushed both of them down the sidewalk
side by side
It had to have been a funny sight
!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

For today's walk, we were on a mission to collect some leaves for a "project". Mikayla loved walking down the sidewalk scooping up leaves to put into her basket. She didn't quite get the idea to look for one or two leaves at a time...she would just reach down and pick up a handful. and put the whole handful in the basket. She was too cute, scooping up a pile and shouting, "Look, mom!" She was so proud of herself!

Mikayla collecting leaves
Mikayla loves pushing her little brother in the stroller...
And her brother loves being pushed!


I thought this picture was so cool with all the colors engulfing her
Mikayla "showering" her brother in leaves

How amazing is this? God is so creative!
After we got home, we set up to do our project. When teaching, I would oftentimes have my students do a leaf rubbing. I should have reminded myself that I taught 3rd-5th graders. The outcome was a wee bit different with a 2 1/2 year old. I showed her what it was "supposed" to look like and then she wanted to do herself...so I let her. Oh well, at least she had fun doing it.


1 comments:

Lyndsie Miles said...

What a pretty little girl you have! That picture is just so cute!
I forgot about leaf rubbings! We'll have to do that today!
I didn't realize you were in Oregon! My hubby is from Oregon!

 
blog template by yummylolly.com